Gary C. Wyatt founded Wyatt Construction in June, 1976. Prior to founding the company, Gary worked for many years in the construction industry following his graduation from Auburn University’s School of Architecture. Gary’s B.S. in Building Science led him to serve four years in the United States Navy in the Seabees, ( Construction Battalion) with 17 months in Vietnam. He received an honorable discharge following his tour of duty.
Working in civilian life for a public utility engineering/construction firm, his duties included Project Planner with responsibilities for planning, scheduling, monitoring engineering and construction activities on several nuclear and fossil fuel power plants. Gary then moved to a well known Birmingham based construction company in 1972. Since 1976 Wyatt has continued to serve the Wyatt legacy with professionalism, relationship building and moral integrity.
Currently Gary serves as President of the company.
- Judson College, Marion, AL Board of Trustees
- Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trustees
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Alabama Council, Exec. Council
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham
- Salvation Army, Alabama District Executive Board of Directors
- Samford University, Overseers, Advisory Board of Directors
- Samford University, School of Business, Advisory Board
- City of Hoover, Zoning/Building Appeal’s Board member
- Alabama Veteran’s Memorial Foundation
- Hoover City Schools Advisory Board, (Past President)
- Monday Morning Quarterback’s Club (Crippled Children Fdn.)
- Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Person of the Year, 2005
- National Association of Women in Construction’s Employer of the Year, 2005
- Top 100 Privately Held Companies in Alabama, 1987—2003
- Top 20 General Contractors in Alabama, 1995—2003
- A rated Subcontractors of America